CLAVERLY QUINTET TO OPPOSE HOUSES

First Non-House Participation Since Ringer-Full P.B.H. Crew Ran Away With Two Agassiz Cups

With George F. Lowman '38, 1L former Varsity star as coach, the recently organized Claverly circuit basketball team will hold its first practice session tomorrow preparatory to a series of informal contests with House hoop teams during the winter.

This move marks the first non-House participation, other than Dudley hall, in any form of intramural athletics since the days when a P. B. H. non-House crew, packed with ringers, was excluded from the House competition after it won the Agassiz Cup for two years running. It is believed that if this experiment proves successful, residents of Apley, Claverly, and Dudley may be admitted to regular House competition in the future.

The initiative behind the program came from a committee of Claverly Sophomores headed by William B. Schallek, and including John Finn, Herbert Ritter, Kwyn Abrahams, and Paul Woodman, Thirty men are expected to report for practice.

The committee, organized to improve the conditions in Claverly, took the step after consultation with Dean Hanford and Adolf W. Samborski '26, Director of Intramural Athletics.