RADCLIFFE GROUP LEAVES LUNCHROOM CO-OP ON REQUEST

P.B.H. Survey Finds 800 Law School Men Dissatisfied With Facilities for Eating

The University's decision to excluds women members from the proposed graduate cafeteria was reenforced yesterday when the Radcliffe cooperative group withdrew at the request of the Radcliffe authorities.

Dean Sperry also remained adamant in refusing to permit mixed company in the basement of Andover Hall, sits of the lunchroom, before a delegation from the Cambridge Student Cooperative Society.

Unsatisfactory for Mixed Company

Declaring that he saw no reason for raising the question of Harvard-Radcliffe relations again, Dean Sperry said that his policy was in accord with that which the University has followed in the past. Finally, he said he did not believe the basement of Andover Hall was a satisfactory place to establish a joint inneshreem.

Seymour Howard 2G, chairman of the society, indicated that his group was ready to aspect the University's terms, but would welcome any change in its stand.

While agreeing that this was the immediate issue for the cooperative, one of the sponsoring organizations, the Student Union, declared, through its president and president-elect, Robert E. Lane '39, and John S. Still man '40, that it would "take steps to investigate the sources of the unfortunate relations between the colleges."

LAW STUDENTS PETITION

To a circular sent out by Phillips Brooks House to everyone in the Law School on Tuesday, December 6, 800 men have replied that they are thoroughly dissatisfied with the present eating facilities.

Heading the special committee are James D. Ludlam, Jr. 3L and J. Barsigners of the letter that has reached the hands of 1400 students in the last week, are Dean Landis and Livingston Hall, professor of Law.

The main purpose of the movement is to find out what the Law School body thinks about its eating facilities as they now exist, whether a list of eating places would be advisable, and if a co-operative is desirable.