Undefeated Mermen Face Star-Studded Alumni Aggregation, Headed by Hutter, Cummin, in Opener of Season Tonight

'42 Swimmers, Starring Girton, Race Lynn Y.M.C.A. in First Meet

By Charles F. Pollak

Harvard Varsity swimmers, undefeated for two years, will face this season's first threat to their supremacy tonight at 8:15 o'clock when they meet an Alumni delegation topped by last year's leader, Charlie Hutter.

According to all reports Hutter is almost as fast as over in the sprints. He will be seconded by backstroker Graham "Pop" Cummin '38, who was timed for the 100-yard seconds worse than his best. George Scott '34, who astounded the fans last year when he swam a 24-second 50, a better time than he had over turned in while in college, will negotiate the 50 and swim in the relay for the grads.

John J. Colony '37, another former Crimson captain, will probably swim two relay 100's. When in college he was noted for his consistent performances around 54 seconds in this event. Don Barker '38, Frank Coleman '38, and Gorden Windsor '34 will perform in other free-style events. Darlo Berizzi '38 is tentatively scheduled to swim the breastroke events. Coach Hal Ulea's line-up a mystery until tonight, but his men will probably swim as follows: 150 medley relay Max Krans and ARt Boaworth; 100 backstroke, Boaworth and Craig Moore; 100 breastroke, Kraus and Phil Walker. The free-style positions will be held down by freddis Griffin, Eric Cutler, Ed Hewitt, Frank Powers, Johnny Quinlan, and any Stowells who can get off the sick list in time.

The untried Freshmen will meet Lynn Y.M.C.A, at 7:30 o'clock. Sprinters Stearns, Turner, Jay, Price, Brehmer and Ball; distance men Rowe, Downing, Emmett, Phinisy, and Schoonmaker; back strokers Johnson, Harris, and Mathis; breastrokers Girton, Wood and eberle, and divers Nichols, Skarples, and Thurlow are the men most likely to ses service. George Girton is the man to watch.EX-CAPTAIN CHARLIE HUTTER Alumnl Here Tonight