CRIMSON TRACKMEN WILL MEET HUSKIES

Stiff Battles Expected in High Jump And Long Runs--Both Cages Will Be Used for Events

The Crimson Jayvees and Freshmen will take on the Northeastern Varsity and yearlings in an informal track and field meet in Briggs and Carey Cages today at 2:15, in the first winter track set-to in Cambridge this year.

Although no letter men are pitted against the husky Varsity and Freshmen, a genuine battle is in the offing in at least one event, Bill Neufeld, assistant coach, said yesterday.

Bob Partlow '41, will be fighting it out nip and tuck with Daniel Miles, captain of the visiting aggregation, for supremacy in the high jump. Partlow made quite a mark for himself on the Freshman team last year and has been doing consistently good jumping this winter, hitting six feet one inch. Northeastern's Miles can clear the bar at six feet four inches.

Partlow's talents are not confined to the high jump, he is also expected to provide competition in the sprints.

In the 600 yard run, Coach Neufeld pointed out that Cornelius Sullivan and Frank Mascianica, two Northeastern juniors, are certified fast steppers. Mascianica is credited with some of the finest running in the section, clipping off the 600 in around 1:15.

Two of the visitors' sprinters, Chipkin and Coswell promise fast competition for Charles Burwell and Fred Ulen.

Coach Neufeld explained that the informal meet gives the less experienced men, Freshmen and Jayvees, an opportunity to run in competition. It has helped bring out many unnoticed qualities in the squad, he said, and makes the season more interesting all around. Another meet on the same plan will be run with Tufts, January 14. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS In Carey Cage 2:15  Shot put   35 lb. weight   Pole vault In Briggs Cage 3:15  35 yd. high hurdles 3:30  35 yd. dash 3:40  35 yd. low hurdles 3:45  300 yd. run. 4:00  1000 yd. run 4:10  600 yd. run 4:25  3/4 mile run 4:35  880 yd. run