Son of China's French Legate Thinks Daladier Emergency Not Too Serious

Freeman Koo '42 Predicts France Will Get Through Crisis of Big Strike

"France has great recuperative powers. I think she will recover from the present crisis," said Freeman F. Koo '42, son of Wellington Koo, Chinese ambassador to France.

Koo explained that he has received no communications from his father, since the French strike trouble started, but he expressed the belief that no important developments would come out of the difficulties.

"I do not think that there will be a European war within the next few months," he said, "but there is almost certain to be one eventually."

When asked about the situation in China, he replied, "The Japanese will never subdue the nationalistic spirit of our people. This war has united China more than at any time previous."

Guerrilla Warfare China's Defense"

Guerrilla warfare carried on against the invaders by the people, he stated, will be China's defense rather than any organized armies. The Chinese people will resist until Japan is no longer able to carry on the war because of the drain on her treasury.

Koo,. at 15 one of the youngest members of the Freshman class, would have been in college sooner if he had not had to review for College Board examinations for six months in Paris. He received most of his schooling in Shanghai.

Koo's father, Wellington Koo, has been ambassador to France for the past three years. Before that he was head of the Chinese delegation to the League of Nations, and 16 years ago he was Chinese ambassador to the United States.

The younger Koo had never been in America before this September when he came ever form Paris. He was greeted, he recalled with a smile, by the burricane.

He has not, be explained, seen enough of America to make up his mind about it. However, since he has spent a great deal of time in France, this country has not seemed very strange to him.

Although he is used to all kinds of foods, he claims that he still prefers Chinese delicacies to the "foreign" variety.