GUARDIAN HOST TO 32 NOTABLES AT MEETING

MAGAZINE TO HOLD BROADCASTS ON RADIO

Reflecting the "Brain Trust." atmosphere of the last to Administrations and the consequent surge of academic interest in government, 32 authorities of divergent outlook and occupation have divergent outlook and occupation have agreed to attend the Guardian Conference on the Guardian Conference on the American Public Service Thursday through Saturday.

The purpose of the Conference according to its undergraduate chairman, Lawrence 1. Radway '40, will be "to provide a definite picture of the efficient government service that will be necessary to prevent our democratic government from being crushed under a heavy burden thrust upon it by the complexity of modern life."

Included among the delegates will be members of the social science faculty at Harvard, the Nieman Follows, and thirty undergraduates who will prepare themselves for the discussions by brief reading into the field. Radio programs on Wednesday and Friday evenings and a special exhibit of historical manuscripts and contemporary cartoons concerning public administration in Widener will be special features of the program.

Delegates include: President Conant; Dean Hanford; Dean Landis of the Law School; Arthur N. Holcombe, Chairman of the Department of Government; Keyes D. Metcalf, director of the University Library; Heinrich Bruening, lecturer in Government and ex-chancellor of Germany; Walter B. Cannon, George Higginson Professor of Physiology; Frank W. Taussig, Henry Lee Professor of Economics emeritus; and Granville Hicks, counsellor in American History.

Delegates will include members of the social science faculty of the University, the Nieman Fellows, and 30 undergraduates who will prepare themselves for the discussions by brief reading into the field. Radio programs on Wednesday and Friday evenings and a special exhibit of historical manuscripts and contemporary cartoons concerning public administration on display in Widener will be special features of the program.