STUDENT UNION PLANS JOINING PEACE STRIKE

Committee Appointed to Carry Out National Strike Program April 27 At Meeting Last Night

Cooperation with other Student organizations for an annual Peace Strike on April 27 was decided at a spirited meeting of the Harvard Student Union last night. Program was synonymous with resolutions adopted at the recent national convention at Vassar.

A committee headed by Jack M. Perlman '40 and B. Warner Shipee 1G was elected to carny out the recommendations of the meeting and proceed with the arrangements for the strike.

Richard Solomon '39 outlined a plan for a membership drive which, he claimed would bring in at least 150 new members into the organization. Revealing at the same time that the present total is 235, he said that the plan involved a door-to-door canvass of each member of the College.

The 63 members present moved to be host to the New England District Convention of the Associated Student Unions. It was announced that 100 delegates would be present at conferences held at the Phillips Brooks House from March 26 to 27.

Endorsement of the committee of undergraduate leaders to set up an independent board of three Faculty members was passed. The group would hold hearings on charges and countercharges arising from the conflict of the inside union and the A. F. of L. in the current unionizing drive.

A series of new committees were organized to help the student get some practical, first-hand informative of unemployment, public health, cooperatives, and the work of Boston peace organizations.