SEXTET UPSET BY BIG GREEN 3-2 AT HANOVER

STUBBSMEN HAVE NOT LIVED UP TO EARLY EXPECTATIONS

Scoring unassisted after 18 seconds of overtime, Captain Dick Lewis gave an inspired underdog Dartmouth team a 3-2 victory over the Crimson sextet before a capacity Carnival crowd at Hanover Saturday morning.

Hockey Outlook Darkened

The Harvard defeat further darkened the hockey outlook here which has grown gradually gloomier as the season has progressed. A lot had been expected of the present outfit which had retained most of its stars from last year's great squad whose only defeat was administered by McGill. Now observers are beginning to question the squad's potentialities.

Queens Beats McGill

Saturday's loss marked the first time that the Stubbsmen had been beaten by a college in this country since the Big Green turned the trick exactly two years ago. The Crimson dropped to a fifth place tie with Princeton in the International Intercollegiate League. Not only did they reduce their chances of retaining second place in the league, but they also passed up a great opportunity of eventually tying McGill for the first berth. Queens completely upset the dope Friday night by handing the Red Birds their first defeat since the league's inception.

Pope Starts Scoring

Ralph Pope gave the Stubbsmen a one goal lead which they maintained until the third period at 10:10 of the opening stanza on a 15-foot back hander. The first two periods were featured by the superb goal-tending of the goalies, Wes Goding for the Green and Howard Johnson for the Crimson.

Johnson Removed From Goal

Walsh sank Conants rebound to tie up the game at 3:06 in the third period. Sullivan's solo put the Green ahead at 11:20. But Joe Patrick put Harvard back in the game by slamming Ned Cutter's pass at 13:35. Lewis overtime tally proved enough despite the Crimson's frantic rushes and the fact that Johnson was removed for a sixth skater before the game ended.

Ten penalties were handed out in the rough and spirited contest. Hard checking and the excitement resulting from the closeness of the game kept the large crowd on the edge of their seats throughout