P.B.H. CANCELS AID TO STUDENT CHRISTIANS

BOLTON, BURWELL, GILKEY, GRANT WILL VISIT SCHOOLS

Further financial support to official cooperation with the Student Christian Movement, was voted down at the Phillips Brooks House Cabinet meeting last evening.

But at the same time a resolution was passed to encourage participation in the Movement's activities for all students interested in it.

For several years P. B. H. has contributed $25 in response to their financial requests, stipulating each year that the gift should not be considered an annual bequest. This fall, the Cabinet appointed a committee of Secor D. Browne '38 and Thomas H. E. Quimby '40 to investigate the work of the Student Christians in order to determine whether or not their movement warranted more active support.

Their report advocated complete withdrawal of all active support on the grounds that: (1) the movement lacked direction, (2) too large a share of their funds are used for propaganda purposes rather than active good work and (3) so far their results are intangible and are likely to remain so.

At this meeting four Juniors were nominated to visit nearby prep-schools this spring to give advice to members of the graduating class planning to enter Harvard. The four nominated were Oliver P. Bolton, Charles L. Burwell, Gordon Gilkey, Jr., and Elisworth S. Grant.