Football Candidates Hear Plans

HARLOW TALKS TO SQUAD PROSPECTS IN FIRST MEETING

In an informal talk at the Varsity Club last night. Coach Dick Harlow explained the purpose of early season workouts to the large group of 100 prospects for Varsity Spring football practice.

Speaking primarily to the 60 Freshmen Harlow insisted that the lack of brilliancy in last. Fall's Yardling record would not be considered at all in placing them this Spring. In this respect, he praised Freshman Coach Skip Stahley's recommendations, citing the present Juniors as examples of his unerring choice.

He specially stressed the fact that anyone who really wants to be a good football prospect can be one. The desire to play is the important requisite and the reward for the man who really loves the game is to play.

Harlow also explained his policy in regard to putting players into the Yale Game so that they can get their letters. First, he always makes sure that the game is safely won, then he gives the other boys their chance to play.

Bobby Green and Russ Allen preceded Dick Harlow in speaking about the importance of Spring practice in order to get blocking and tackling down cold and leave the short Fall session for the finer points of perfecting the plays.