YARDLING FIVE ROUTS LAWRENCE BY 51 TO 20

ANDOVER NEXT OPPONENT HERE ON SATURDAY

Ability to sink long distance tosses from the sidelines enabled the Freshman hoopsters to swamp Lawrence Academy 51 to 20 yesterday afternoon at the Indoor Athletic Gymnasium.

Forward Hal Lubchansky led the scoring with 17 points, most of which were tallied on set shots around the foul circle. Other starters who stood out were tallied James on the defense and Homer Peabody, who netted eight points from his pivot spot.

Opponents Weak

Lawrence began the scoring on a neat turn shot from the free throw line, but rapidly faded and did not threaten the Yardlings again. At half time the score was 24-11 for the Freshmen, and Coach Skip Stahley inserted his subs freely at the end of the third quarter.

Using a zone defense, Lawrence was able to keep the Freshmen from scoring any layup shots, but it collapsed under Lubchansky's accurate sniping from the side during the second period.

Fifth Victory

A big factor in the victory was the Freshmen's ability to capitalize on their opponent's poor passing. By frequent interceptions and superior rebounding they were able to control the ball almost the entire game.

The victory is the fifth this season for the '41 cagers as against four losses, making the first time that they have cracked the .500 mark.

Lawrence was beaten 60-39 by Andover, the Yardlings' next opponent, two weeks ago. The game is scheduled for Saturday afternoon at 4 o'clock on the Indoor Gym floor.