MODEL LEAGUE HOLDS LIVELY 12TH SESSION

Recent European Events Give Promise Of Excitement for Meetings Today And Tomorrow

Recent developments in Europe will probably provide problems aplenty for the New England Model League of Nations Assembly which meets at Massachusetts State College today and tomorrow, Louis K. Benjamin '39, chairman of the Harvard contingent said last night.

Harvard sends 12 delegates representing the Netherlands and Australia to join the 400 sent by 35 other colleges to this 12th assembly of the League. Original plans will be changed by resolutions at the opening congress to permit the group to discuss aspects of the European scene which have appeared in the past week. Whether to seat the Austrian and Spanish Rebel delegations are problems of procedure which confront the assembly today.

The three general questions before the League take on greater importance in view of these new events. France's sudden reappearance in the headlines, making rebel victory even more likely, will give the committee discussing the Spanish situation opportunity to state a more definite policy.

Possibilities of an English deal with Mussolini or even of English action as a result of yesterday's cabinet developments, and Hitler's new drive to recover political minorities for the fatherland will give the other two committees added fuel.

Members of the Harvard group are Charles D. Aldrich '40, Benjamin, Robert S. Clements '40, Ernst M. Jandort '41, Peter G. Kirby '38, Richard R. Mudge '39, William N. Parker '39, F. Welch Peel '39, Basil R. Pollit '40, Lawrence I. Radway '40, Richard A. Solomon '39, Harold LeR. Stubbs '39.