Greenhood Becomes First Diver Ever to Lead Tankmen

BOTH ARE STARS

E. Russell Greenhood '39 was elected captain of the Varsity swimming team, at Dillon Field House yesterday, replacing Charles G. Hutter Jr. '38. Nathaniel H. Batchelder '39 was chosen to lead the Varsity fencers next year, succeeding Edwin S. Skinner '38.

Greenhood, whose home is at Wellesley Hills, prepared at Nedham High and lives in Lowell House where he is a member of the House Committee. His age is 20, his height five feet, eleven inches, his weight 170. He is the first diver ever to lead the Crimson tank forces.

Batchelder's home is at Windsor, Connecticut. He prepared at Loomis and lives in Eliot House. The new head of the swordsmen was No. 1 sabre man on the fencers' team this year.

Russ, or Rusty Greenhood will finish his second year of Varsity competition at Rutgers this Friday. His defeat of Yale's Endweiss and Christner last year was said to be one of the turning points that enabled Harvard to win. This season, he has been defeated twice: by Gibson, of Navy, and by Endweiss. Howin winning both the high and low-board titles at the recent intercollegiates, in ever, he avenged both of these set-backs which both Endweiss and Gibson competed.

Rusty was first taught the spring board art by his father, at an early age. His best point-total was 125, which he made while winning the New England Championships (low-board). 117 points, scored in the intercollegiates, is his best high-board performance.