HASTY PUDDING GOES ON NATIONAL HOOKUP IN PREVIEW TONIGHT

DEANNA DURBIN AMONG STARS TO BE AT N.Y. CABARET

Tonight from 9 to 9:30 o'clock "So Proudly We Hail," Hasty Pudding musical show, receives its radio baptism over the Red Network of the National Broadcasting Company. The local station which will carry the program is WBZ.

Material from the actual script of the show having been banned because of its "political nature" the broadcast will consist of several specially prepared skits as well as the first public rendition of the hit songs. Tunes to be played are "Livin' the Life" by Alan J. Lerner '40, "Look Before You Leap" by Stanley Miller '38, and "I'm Sorry but We'll Have to Say Goodby" and "Night Song" by Benjamin Welles, 2nd '38.

Nathaniel P. Benchley '38, one of the authors of the book, will give a humorous lecture on how to write a musical comedy, and, together with Benjamin Dillingham '39, Vinton Freedley, Jr. '40, and Welles, act in a skit, "Professor Benchley's Workshop, or Romeo and Juliet Rewritten." The chorus of 20 will also sing.

The cabaret which annually follows the show will be in the Balinese Room of the Hotel Somerset on March 31 and in the Towne Club the next night. In New York the Grand Ballroom of the Waldorf-Astoria will house the cabaret, and Deanna Durbin, Libby Holman, Ethel Merman, and Sheila Barrett are among those who are scheduled to entertain.