SIX MEN QUALIFY IN PRIMARY VOTE FOR '41 OFFICERS

Heavy Balloting of Freshmen Result Of Organized Clubs Campaigning for Candidates

With the balloting unusually heavy in the Freshman primary election yesterday, John F. Brooks, E. Langdon Burwell, David D. Henry, Langdon P. Marvin, Jr., Eugene H. Nickerson, and Homer D. Peabody qualified for the run-off election to be held Thursday.

Six hundred and seventy-one ballots including those which were discredited for being improperly marked were cast. It is believed that this unprecedented number is due to the lively political activity going on in the Yard for the past few days.

Paint Name on Sidewalk

Several clubs were organized to boost certain candidates for office, one of which went so far in its enthusiasm as to paint the name of their candidate on the sidewalk in front of the Union. However, the maintenance department removed the campaign propaganda before the polls opened at noon.

Tellers for the election were Kendric N. Marshall '21, secretary of the Union, J. Spence Harvin '39, Student Council Member in charge of Freshman affairs, and Douglas Mercer '40.