MITCHELL ARRANGES NEW INFIELD GROUP

TEAM SHAPING UP

After three days of outdoor practice, Coach Fred Mitchell has had a better chance to size up his baseball prospects in preparation for the annual spring vacation jaunt. As a result a definite team lineup seems to be coming into shape.

Of most importance is the rearrangement of the infield. Unable to find a really satisfactory third basement, Mitchell has brought Dave Shean, las year's left fielder, into the inner cordon, placing him at second base, and has moved Art Johns to shortstop, leaving Dick Grondahl to take care of the hot cornor. Captain Lupien, of course, continues to hold down first. Dick Ulin and Russ Ayers will rate as top infield spares.

New Catcher

Now developments also seem to be forthcoming amongst the backstops. Don Prouty, a pitcher on the squad last spring, is being worked upon to find out his possibilities as a catcher. Being a fair hitter and having a strong arm, he has impressed Mitchell who needs to find someone to bolster up the weak catching department. Paul Doyle, however, with Varsity experience behind him, will start off the season behind the plate, with Ellie Bacon, Bob Fulton, and Tony Gallucio as the utility receivers.

In the outfield Bob Gannet has sewed up the enter field position and there is no prospect of a change, while Jo-Jo Soltz can be safely put down as starting right fielder, for he gives genuine promise of turning into a good hitter. In left Red Hoye and Don Hall are fighting it out, with no indication as yet as to who will clinch the place.