Eli Coaches Bow To Crimson Staff In Baseball Clash

36-14 Margin Holds for Eighth Time as Mentors Convene In Annual Confab

The Crimson won again. In their annual baseball frolic Saturday afternoon in the Briggs Cage, the Harvard coaching staff repeated their Victory margin of 36-14 over the Yale mentors for the eighth consecutive time.

Every year when the coaches of the two colleges meet in the spring the baseball game is a highlight of the afternoon's activities, and without fail the Elis bow by the same score, as Coach Fred Mitchell impartially tolls out the decisions.

Twenty six of the Yale staff journeyed to Cambridge for the get-together this year. Luncheon at the Varsity Club started the festivities, with Ducky Pond, Yale grid coach, presenting Dick Harlow with highly prized Cassowary egg, similar in size to the football that Yale less willingly relinquished last November at Soldiers Field.

While the more athletically minded of the coaches, garbed ridiculously for the fray, were playing soft-ball at the cage, others remained at the Varsity club to talk over sports and reminisce.

Dinner Saturday night followed by bridge concluded the informal conference and the Yale mentors returned to the Hotel Touraine, departing yesterday for New Haven.

In the absence of Hal Ulen, president of the Harvard Coaches' Club, who was at Rutgers, Soccer coach Jack Carr, vice-president, and Intra-mural Director Adolph Samborski, secretary-treasurer, were in charge of the conclave.