MANAGERS FORM NEW CLUB AFTER MEETING

Group Will Include Varsity Managers, Their Senior and Junior Assistants, And Crimson Editor

Following upon a meeting of 30 Varsity managers the formation of a Managers' Club has been announced. The organization will include all Varsity managers, their Senior and Junior assistants, and the Managing Editor of the CRIMSON. Headquarters will be at the Varsity Club for the present at least.

The idea of the club came from this winter's managerial group, including Jackson Bird '38, basketball, Alden S. Blodgett, Jr. '38, hockey, George P. Byrne, Jr. '38, swimming, and George H. Spencer '38, track. F. Stanton Deland Jr. '36, assistant to the Director of Athletics, presided at the foundation meeting.

Besides being a social entity, the club will supervise the welcoming of visiting teams in all sports. Officers for the current year, elected at the first meeting, are Oliver P. Bolton '39, manager of football, president; Wendell N. Calkins '39, manager of swimming, vice-president; and John W. Brooks '39, manager of hockey, secretary-treasurer.