Goldcoast Hoopmen Face Yale College Champions Here Today

Out To Avenge Last Year's Defeat; Game Date Shifted Because Of Smith Prom

Davenport College's basketball team, intramural champs at Yale, come to town today to tangle with the Gold-coasters in the Indoor Athletic Building at 4:30 o'clock.

Originally scheduled for Saturday, at the request of the Davenport smoothies the contest has been shifted to avoid conflicting with the Smith prom.

Adams will out for revenge this afternoon. House champions for three consecutive years, the Goldcoasters have twice previously tasted defeat at the hands of Yale teams. Last year Davenport administered the bitter cup, 24 to 16.

When it takes the floor, the Adams five will have Hubert Hauck and Donald Gordon at the forward spots. Bill Calfee at the pivot post, and Max Manker and Roger Pierce in the backcourt. Big guns of the Hybrid attack are Bill Moody, Al Wilson, Varsity halfback, and Captain Jim Gillies.

Like Adams, the Davenport hoopmen have mopped up the floor with their rivals. Which, say the Goldcoasters, means nothing. On Wednesday the Adams machine, with only one substitute, was edged by the Yardlings by a on point margin, despite Flash Hauck's 15 points. Final standings in inter-House squash: League A   Won  Lost Dunster  21  9 Eliot  19  10 Lowell  19  11 Adams  17  13 Winthrop  12  18 Leverett  10  20 Kirkland  6  23 League C   Won  Lost Adams  22  8 Eliot  20  10 Lowell  18  12 Dunster  14  16 Winthrop  14  16 Leverett  13  17 Kirkland  4  26