IVY LEAGUE PLAN OUT ACCORDING TO CORNELL DIRECTOR

Authorities Here Coincide With Idea That Ivy League Would Restrict Schedule-Making

Hopes maintained my many individuals interested in eastern football for the establishment of an Ivy seven-college football league faded yesterday as James M. Lynah, Cornell Athletic Director, stated that a meeting of the heads of athletics at the seven schools had abandoned the scheme as impractical.

In an interview with the Cornell Daily Sun, Lynah, who is President of the Eastern Intercollegiate Association, said that the Directors' principal objection to the proposed conference is that "it restricts schedule making to an undesirable extent."

Supposedly the agreement was made at an informal gathering of the college heads at Lynah's plantation in Savannah, Georgia last December.

Authorities Here Back Lynah

Athletic authorities here coincided with this statement when questioned late yesterday saying that while Harvard wished to continue football relations with most of the colleges included in the mythical Ivy League, joining such a conference would limit the schedule.

When the Directors met a year ago at Lynah's home, a release was made simultaneously to all the undergraduate papers of the colleges involved, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Yale and Harvard.

Crimson Blocks Dartmouth

This year the question was again brought to light when the New York Herald Tribune related last Sunday that representatives of the CRIMSON at a meeting of undergraduate dailies from eastern universities, had blocked The Daily Dartmouth's plan to start such a conference.

At the newspaper gathering it was stated by The Dartmouth that the Ivy League was inevitable.