ELIS BEAT GRAPPLERS 15-11, AS YARDLINGS TIE

Glendinning Upsets Pickett; Harkness Advances in Intercollegiate Ranks by Pinning Clarke

Eli's powerful leg holds and superior grappling in the middleweight position earned a 15-11 decision over the Crimson matmen in the Indoor Athletic Building Saturday, as both the Yardlings and the Yale Freshmen emerged with undefeated seasons after a 16-16 tie at the same time.

Upset of the meet was Bill Glendinning's victory over Herbert Pickett of Yale, former conqueror of Princeton's Charlie Toll, who has pinned Bill in two minutes on his own mat.

Captain Harkness felled one more victim, Robert Clarke, in his campaign to gain the intercollegiate title, as Louis Ach, in the 126-pound class, was the only other Crimson winner, earning a decision against Louis Hanman of the Blue.

In a see-saw battle with the talented Elis the Freshmen met the stiffest opponents of the season. Undefeated 145-pounder Bruce Richardson lost in an overtime bout to Madden, leader of the Blue, as Captain Tom Lacey kept his slate clear by crushing David Renwick.