"Etc.," Radcliffe's Funny Mag. Issued

Revival of Old Magazine "Blooms With Crocuses"; Issue Is a "Sell-Out"

What was modestly termed "your germ of laughter, your dash of tabasco and wit that will enable you to swallow your crumbs along with your oysters," was made available to an enthralled body of newsstand patrons yesterday afternoon.

The magazine, known as "Etc," and planned as a quarterly, is a revival of "The Radcliffe Magazine," published twenty years ago by the English Club. "The Radcliffe Magazine" was killed by the War, but as Dean Bernice Cronkhite says in the introduction to "Etc." "Now with 1938's crocuses it blooms again."

A typical caption is "Never mind Plato. . . . What does Freud say about it?" The Misses Doris Lutz and Helen Weston both treat humorously the plights and peeves of the Radcliffe girl.

Invading the sanctity of her dormitory late last night, the CRIMSON learned from Editor-in-Chief Phyllis Frederick that 550 copies of "Etc." had been printed, and it's practically a sell-out." Admitting that finances were in a some-what precarious state, Miss Frederick confessed that she was "looking for an angel," but hastily asked that her telephone number be withheld.

Even mere starting confessions may be found in the editors' introspective preface: "We have dedicated ourselves to a high ideal. . . . We have discovered Radcliffe. . . We don't want to live the Fragile Life and wear body orchids."