1941 Loses 8-5 To Mitchell Nine In Practice Game

Fulton in Catcher's Position as Coach Seeks First String Backstop for Tigers

Behind the pitching of Lefty Edinberg, the Varsity nine edged the Yardlings yesterday afternoon at Soldiers Field 8-5. Charlie Brackett and Jack Schwede shared the mound duty for the Freshmen.

Ulysses Lupien continued his hitting ways in leading the Varsity attack, while the Yardlings bunched their hits in the fifth inning to account for all their runs off Edinberg who has yet to pitch an intercollegiate game.

Apparently seeking a first team catcher, Coach Fred Mitchell yesterday used Bob Fulton behind the plate, while on Wednesday against B. U. Ellie Bacon drew the starting call. It is uncertain whether one of these newcomers will be in the backstop position against Princeton Saturday instead of the veteran Paul Doyle.

Another change in the lineup may be seen soon in an attempt to increase the team's batting punch. Neither Joe Soltz or Rud Hoye in the outfield have been impressive to date. There seems to be a possibility that Fulton may move to third, allowing Dave Shean to take his old position in left field.