YACHT CLUB TRYOUTS TO BE HELD THIS AFTERNOON

Club Purchases Second Hand Dinghies For Active Spring Racing Schedule On Charles

All Upperclassmen wishing to try out for the Yachting team are to report at the Tech Sailing Pavilion at 1.45 o'clock today, in pairs consisting of Skipper and a Crew, it was announced at the second meeting of the Harvard Yacht Club last night.

Chandler Hovey Jr., '39 commodore of the club, said that the trials would be possible because of the generosity of Tech in offering the use of her dinghies.

Prompt financial response met an appeal by James A. Rousmaniere '40, Secretary, the remaining sum necessary to enable the club to purchase two second-hand dinghies costing $150 apiece being subscribed. It is expected that the boats will arrive at the Union Boat Club this weekend or next.

The sailors have an active spring racing schedule on deck. Starting with the Intercollegiate Regatta at Tech this Saturday and Sunday for the Henry Adams Memorial Trophy, the season continues on Sunday, May 1, with the Semi-Annual Open Regatta, held at Tech under the auspices of the Boston Dinghy Club.