Y-H-P CONFERENCE OPENS PARLEY ON NATIONAL AFFAIRS

Nathan Straus Will Conduct Special Housing Forum at This Afternoon's Session

One hundred and nineteen participants in the third annual Yale-Harvard-Princeton Conference on Public Affairs, including 29 prominent guests, will be welcomed at 1:00 o'clock today by Provost Edgar S. Furnise of Yale, replacing President Seymour, who has a sprained ankle.

After the luncheon the Conference will get to work, separating into five tables, each devoted to a single subject of current interest. The discussions will be led by students.

Special Housing Forum

The subjects of discussion will be; table 1, "Government and Monetary Control;" table 2, "Government and the Relation Between Labor and Capital;" table 3, "Foreign Policy of the United States;" table 4, "Government and the Current Depression;" table 5, "Propaganda and Public Opinion in a Democracy."

Nathan Straus, Federal Housing Administrator, will conduct a special housing forum at 4:30 o'clock, it was announced last night.

The withdrawal of five guests who had previously accepted was also announced last night: Louis Gallup, at table 5; Richardson Wood, at table 5; Emanuel A. Goldenweiser, at table 1; Daniel Bell at table 4; and Francis B. Sayre, at table 3. Sayre has been replaced by Alexander Dye, head of the Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce.

Organized by College Dailles

Organized by the editors of the Yale News, the CRIMSON, and the Daily Princetonian, the Conference is intended to give students a clear understanding of current problems by discussions with men active in politics. Secretary of State Cordell Hull and Supreme Court Justice Stanley Reed have commended the action of the papers in holding the conference.