Elephants, Bunnies Win Pitcher's Duels

Seymour Harris at Short Earns Two Safeties; Kirkland, Elephants Win in Tennis

Bellboys went tipless on the diamond yesterday as Leverett earned a 4 to 2 decision in hard ball, while Eliot was eking out a 3 to 2 win over the Goldcoasters.

In the soft ball battles, the Deacons went wild, batting out 39 runs to Winthrop's six; Dunster could only run up a total of 25 to match Dudley's ten.

The Bunnies hit Bob White for a pair of runs in each of the first two frames. Casey Hausserman Leverett hurler, buffaloed the Bellboys, except in the fifth inning when Rick Hedblom clouted a triple, driving in the losers' two runs.

Pitcher Scores Winning Run

It was anybody's game between Eliot and Adams until pitcher Steve Madey of the Elephants stole home for the winning run. Charley Ruch, Goldcoast moundsman, didn't do so badly at the plate, chalking up two hits.

Dick Wills was only one of Kirkland's many big guns who participated in the slaughter of the Puritans; he pasted the over-sized horsehide for two homers.

A feature of the Dunster-Dudley game was playing of Seymour E. Harris '20, associate professor of Economics and Dunster's head tutor, who shortstopped behind dark glasses and knocked out two hits in the Funster barrage. Phil Finn pitched for the winners, who had two big innings of 10 and 11 runs respectively. Donald McDonald knocked a homer and Pamp hit consistently.

On the links Kirkland took Dudley 6 1/2 to 2 1/2, Eliot nosed out the Dunster golfers 5 to 4, and the Bellboys sliced their way to a 9 to 0 shut-out over Leverett. The Adams-Winthrop match was postponed.

Kirkland and Eliot were successful on the courts too, earning 7 to 0 and 5 to 2 victories over Adams and Leverett respectively.