Mahoney First Choice for Mound Duty Today at B.U.

GAME AT RIVERSIDE

Victorious once but anticipating stiffer resistance in their second encounter with the Terriers, the Varsity nine today journeys to Riverside to engage B. U. at 4 o'clock in a return engagement. At the same time the Yardlings will meet the Boston University Freshmen here.

In the first game with B. U. John Mahoney, veteran Jayvee hurler, with Slim Curtiss's aid after the seventh inning, edged the Terriers 6-4. That was B. U.'s first game this season. With several more encounters under their belt, the opposition is anxious for revenge this afternoon.

Leahy Seeks Upset

The Crimson's victory two weeks ago also marked the first time that Bob Leahy, Terrier mound star, has been defeated in college competition. Last year the tall B. U. hurler twice downed the Mitchell nine. He too is longing for a killing.

Coach Fred Mitchell is uncertain about his choice for starting pitcher, but indicated that it will be Mahoney, Tom Healy, or Don Prouty. If today's encounter in any way resembles B. U.'s 18-10 slug-fest victory last year at Riverside, it is highly likely that all three moundmen will see duty for the Crimson.

Crimson Lineup Same

The Mitchell lineup will remain the same with Bob Gannett leading off followed by Art Johns, Ulysses Lupien, Dick Grondahl, Dave Shean, Joe Soltz, Rud Hoye, and Paul Doyle.

With Mahoney, Healy, or Prouty scheduled to pitch today, Mitchell is saving Ed Ingalls for Saturday's game with Princeton here. Ingalls hasn't toed the slab since Virginia routed him in the opener 7-4. But if his arm continues to improve, the big righthander should be in there Saturday.

Although the Crimson Freshmen dropped their last game to B. U. 5-2, when the Terrier twirler set down 20 Yardlings via the strikeout route, the Samborski coached nine will be out today to reverse the count on the Soldiers Field diamond. Jack Schwede for the Crimson will oppose the strike-out arttist Brown on the mound, when the two teams tangle at 4 o'clock.