CRIMSON DINGHY BOAT SNATCHES THIRD PLACE

Squibb and Page Stage a Rally During Afternoon After a Slow Start in the Morning

Harvard's dinghy crew of Stephen H. Squibb '40, skipper, and Arthur W. Page Jr. '40 came up with a closing burst in the last two races to take third place from Williams in the final standings of the races on the Charles River basin yesterday.

M. I. T. carried off top honors, Brown was second, and Harvard and Williams were third and fourth respectively. Yale was first in the consolation, while Princeton ended in third place.

The races, consisting of four divisions in the morning trials, started at 10 o'clock, and the finals began at 4 o'clock for the nine qualifiers. These nine were the only survivors from a field of more than 30 colleges which were represented.

After the morning eliminations, the standing of the Crimson boat was next to last. It was in the afternoon that they staged their rally which was climaxed in the last two races. In these events they improved their position greatly, and were able to overtake several of the boats which were leading them in the point totals.