Harvard Crushes Talented Vassar Aggregation 8-1

Novices Play Well as Scholars Overcome Hostesses in Field Hockey

In a game characterized by lack of penalties, a Harvard field hockey team subdued a Vassar squad, 8-1, at Poughkeepsie Saturday afternoon. The highlight of the game was the Vassar team, an aggregation studded with talent.

The sportsmanship of the girls was commendable. When their opponents appeared on the field minus goalie and left wing they insisted on playing under a similar handicap.

Among the Commonwealth Fellows who starred for the Crimson were Angus McIntosh 2G, Richard S. Smith 1G, and Captain Patrick H. Nowell-Smith 1G. David C. Russell 1G and John E. G. Raymont 1G, two Crimson novices, played well. Raymont displayed ability in dribbling the ball with the stick reversed.

According to the Harvard players, the girls were in superb condition. They displayed excellent form, and, as a whole, dribbled well. Although heavily outweighed, they constantly threatened the Harvard goal. The presence of three Varsity hockey players on their team greatly enhanced their scoring threats.

As a direct result of the game, the relations between the British Empire and Vassar were, according to reliable sources, greatly improved.