CRIMSON FOUR TALLIES 12 POINTS IN I.C.A.A.A.A.

BERT LITMAN TOSSES JAVELIN 199 FT., 8 5/8 IN.

Of the five Crimson men entered in the I. C. A. A. A. A. at Randall's Island Saturday four gained places, boosting Harvard with a total of 12 points to sixth place in the team scoring.

The meet was a victory for the West Coast and its orange blossom climate; Southern California amassed 47 1/2 points, almost double that of the runner-up, Michigan State. The University of California was third with 22 1/2, Pitt 20 1/2, Manhattan 15, Harvard 12, Princeton 10 1/2. N. Y. U. 10, Rhode Island 9, and Columbia 8 1/2.

The outstanding performance of the afternoon in the eyes of the Crimson fans was Bert Litman's in the javelin who surpassed all his former achievements with 199 ft. 8 5-8 in. for fourth place. The event was won with a 217 ft. throw of Nick Vukmanic of Penn State.

Alex Northrop '38 Crimson captain, was upset as the favorite in the mile run by Howie Borck of Manhattan who ran the distance in 4:13.9. At the 660 mark Northrop pulled out of the thirteenth place into first and went out ahead of Peter Bradley of Princeton and Borck. Borck stepped up his pace, however and went after Northrop to pass him and win by 20 yards.

John Herrick '38 won a first in the discuss, as was expected. His throw was 151 ft. 3 1/2 inches. In the hammer Steve Brennan nailed fifth place with 155 ft., 9 7-8 inches. Irving Folwartshny of Rhode Island was supreme with over 178 feet.