Seventeen Foreign Scholars Added to University Staff

Include European Visitors Chiefly From France and England

The Faculty will have 17 distinguished visiting scholars from universities in America and abroad this year, it was announced today.

Among the noted Europeans to be present in Cambridge are the Very Reverned Walter R. Matthews, Dean of St. Paul's, London; Sigfried Giedion. Swiss art historian and a leading figure in modern architecture.

Professor Morris R. Cohen, of the philosophy department of the College of the City of New York, is among the visiting scholars from American universities. Kurt Goldstein, head of the Neurophysiological and Psychopathological Laboratory of Montefiore Hospital, New York City, will be William James Lecturer on Philosophy and Psychology. At the Law School will be Phillip C. Jessup, professor of International Law, Columbia University; and Andrew J. Casner, associate professor of Law, University of Illinois.

Other visitors will be Kurt Lewin, professor of Child Psychology, University of Iowa; Roger A. B. Mynors, Fellow of Balliol College, Oxford, in Latin Literature; Friedrich Sell, of Marburg-ander-Lahn, Germany, in German Literature; George de Santillana, of the New School for Social Research, New York City, in History of Science; and William H. Jellema, associate professor of Philosophy, Indiana University.

Reappointed as visiting lecturers are Nicolai S. Timasheff, formerly professor of Law at the Faculty of Economics, the Polytechnicum, St. Petersburg, Russia, who has been lecturer on Sociology for two years; Vincent M. Scramuzza, assistant professor of History, Smith College; and Arthur F. Jenness, associate professor of Psychology, University of Nebraska.

The Very Reverend Matthews will be William Belden Noble Lecturer at the Divinity School. Professor Linderstrom-Lang will be Edward K. Dunham Lecturer at the Harvard Medical School. Dr. Gledion will be Charles Eliot Norton Professor of Poetry, delivering a series of public lectures at Harvard next spring