GRAPPLERS DROP MEET TO TIGERS BY ONE POINT

DAUGHADAY AND BOSTON THROW GIFFORD AND BOKUM

On the short end of a heart-breaking 15 1/2 to 14 1/2 score, the Crimson grapplers gave a good account of themselves against Princeton Saturday afternoon in their first dual meet of the current season.

Dropping the first three light weight beats, the wrestlers were never able to overcome the Bengal lead in spite of the fact Bill Daughaday and "Chief" Boston were able to throw their opponents. Throughout, the matches were closely contested, and three of them extended into overtime.

The first match of the afternoon saw the two captains meeting to decide and old duel at least for the present, as Capt. Foshay of the Tigers gained a decision over Captain Harvey Ross of the Crimson team in the overtime. Ross seemed in have the advantage for the first part of the match, but Foshay kept escaping from Ross with a smoothly working reverse switch. Finally in the overtime of what seemed to be an impossible bout to decide, Foshay received the nod from the referee an the wrestler who showed the greatest aggressiveness.

Sophomore Ted Schoenberg was outwrestled by Eberle for the 128 pound class, and was followed by Richter, who once more sent the match in the overtime to lose by a close decision to Dick Palmer, a Princeton standout.

The tide looked as if it would turn when Bruce Richardson, another Sophomore, completely tied up his opponent, Carrathers, to clinch three points for Harvard. The third competing Sophomore, "Bunny" Barnes, at 155, produced easily the most exciting match of the afternoon as he pressed Scull into the overtime and drew with him even after that. Twice Barnes had his opponent in a near fall, and once he himself was nearly thrown.

BillDaughaday throw his opponent, Gifford, in 6:45 after a closely contested battle. Tudor Gardiner was left with the problem of holding his heavily favored opponent to a decision, but Harkless finally managed to pin him in 7:32 after a seesaw match. "Chief" Boston made short of Bokum as he nailed him on the mat in 2:30.

Both the Varsity and Freshman teams meet Tufts on Wednesday, January 18, in the Indoor Athletic Building. Tiger's Claws Cut No Ice With Them Captain Austle Harding and Joe Patrick who were Instrumental in the defeat of the Princeton puckmen Saturday night.