Varsity Tankmen Meet Greenwood Memorial Swimmers Tomorrow Night

Greenwood Mermen Weak Team; Freshmen Will Not Swim Huntington

By Charles N. Pollak ii

Coach Hal Ulen will put his Varsity mermen against Greenwood Memorial tomorrow evening at 7:30 o'clock, seeking his twenty-sixth straight victory for the Crimson swimmers.

From all indications it appears that Greenwood will bring to the Indoor Athletic Building a rather weak team as it has in the past. Hailing from Gardner, Massachusetts, where the "Memorial" is a club of the Y. M. C. A. variety, the Greenwood boys will have the rely upon their nerve rather than their swimming ability to score many points against the Ulenmen.

Lineup Doubtful

Just whom Coach Ulen will enter in tomorrow's meet must remain in doubt at least until after this afternoon's practice, for several squad-members are still at large. Sophomore freestyler Lonnie Stowell will compete for the first time this season. He has been out with a cold. All in all, the contest is not expected to draw many fans to the pool balcony except dyed-in-the-wool tank enthusiasts.

The Freshmen were supposed to swim Huntington School as a preliminary but this meet has been called off, Huntington has apparently discovered it hasn't got a team, rumor has it.