FILM GROUP PRESENTS FOURTH MOVIE SERIES

Every Room in University Will Receive Program Tonight--750 Members of Society Last Year

Presenting its fourth series of "memorable motion pictures," the Film Society will put on six programs this year dealing with the "classic era of the silent film," 1922-1928. Leafiets describing the series will be delivered to every room in the University tonight.

In addition to the regular performances last year there was a talk by Cecil B. DeMille, and this year another movie celebrity such as Frank Capra or James Cagney is expected to speak.

Pictures for the present series were chosen to "exemplify the wide scope and uniqueness of art form that the film achieved" in the period from 1922 to 1928. Other films include two well-known early talking pictures and examples of the animated cartoon and the documentary film: Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton comedies are on the first program, scheduled for November 29.

Membership for the series is $1.00 for students and $2.00 for faculty members and all others. Applications should be sent to the treasurer, Vinton Fredley, Jr. '40, 69 Dunster Street. The programs will take place in New Lecture Hall and are approximately two hours each in length.