Love Says Yearling Crew Candidates Show Possibilities for Coming Season

No Definite Boat Picked Yet But Those Who Work in Tanks Will Have Best Chance

"Next Spring's changes are about as good as usual," said Freshman crew mentor Harvey Love yesterday afternoon at the Newell Boathouse, but refused to commit himself any further.

"I can't tell you anything about who's going to row," said the softspoken sweep coach, "but I think this Freshman bunch have certainly learned something about rowing this fall. Not only the inexperienced fellows, but even those who have rowed before at placed like Exeter, St. Paul's, Browne and Nichols, Brooks, Belmont Hill, and other schools that have crews, have all learned a good deal out on the river this Fall."

Winter Rowing Most Important

When asked whether any definite crew had been picked, he stated that some fellows were possibilities because of their build, but that any others had just as much chance. "What really counts is the winter rowing in the tanks. That's most important because you're right under our supervision, and we can show you your mistakes and teach you how to overcome them."

The Freshman schedule for next season is not definitely settled, but chances are that the oarsmen will have some of their races away from Cambridge. Last year they had no trips except for the jaunt down to Red Top, and this year they may accompany the Varsity to race Pennsylvania and Navy at Philadelphia.

The floats have been out of the water for a couple of days but crews will still be putting out if weather permits. "After Armistice Day you can never tell what the weather will be like," says Harvey.