PRAYER DAYS

Last Thursday, Harvard undergraduates held their second football rally in fourteen years. They did it because they wanted to show their faith in their team and its coaches, because they were sure that Harvard had a team with enough ability and spirit to put up a good battle against even so favored a foe as Princeton. This faith has been fulfilled, for Saturday's game was a closely-fought contest, with both teams showing a heads-up brand of play. The team and coaches showed not only that they can rise above criticism, but that they can justify the confidence of their college-mates.

Dick Harlow's system of coaching has been called too complicated for Sophomores to absorb, but last Saturday's game proved that it can be done. With the whole team veteran and newcomer alike, clicking as a unit, Harvard football is getting up from the floor after a short count, still swinging. The genius of Dick Harlow's coaching is undoubted after the way he has molded slightly undermanned Crimson teams to Big Three champions in the last two years. This fall he was faced with a gigantic rebuilding project, and it is not surprising that the going has been brought up to now. But Harvard left Palmer Stadium with that confidence that comes only with the knowledge of having played, not without results, two hours of intricate, aggressive football.