TORBIE MACDONALD AGAIN IN ACTION IN GRIDIRON WORKOUT

Crimson Should Be Near Top Strength Against Army in Saturday's Stadium Contest

By Donald Peddle

Yesterday was a rest day for many of the varsity football squad members, but for Captain Torbie Macdonald it was a return to the gridiron wars. The fleet Crimson leader was still favoring his injured leg, but he went through the entire afternoon drill with the team.

Although Macdonald is expected to play against the Army on Saturday, Coach Harlow has indicated no changes in the starting backfield assignments. Lack of any contact work and almost no conditioning in the past weeks will prevent Macdonald from being as 60 minute player for some time. He will probably see about 15 minutes of action at the tailback post Saturday.

Hallett and Koufman

Another casualty, Mose Hallett, was also on the field and worked out with the squad. He should be in shaped for Army. Joe Koufman, sidelined since the first quarter of the Dartmouth game, jogged around the field. The rest of the squad was in good shape, with nothing more than minor bruises reported after the Princeton tilt.

Floyd Stahl scouted Army last Saturday against Notre Dame, and his C team gave the A and B outfits their first look at Cadet plays in a 25 minute session. This was followed by dummy scrimmage until about 4 o'clock, when the men there who played for any length of time against the Tigers were excused.

Ernie Sargeant, Charley Spreyer, George Heiden, Pete Elser, Tom Healey, Vern Miller, and Don Lowry all took a day off from practice.