WINTHROP, DORMITORY TIE IN HOUSE HOCKEY

LEVERETT EDGES KIRKLAND 4-1 IN HOTLY FOUGHT MATCH

Winthrop and Dormitory sextets battled it out last night to a 2 to 2 tie, climaxing the third series of inter-House hockey matches at the Boston Skating Club rink in Brighton. This was the last House athletic contest of any kind this year.

With both teams undefeated this season, the match last night was especially full of action. In the opinion of timekeeper Adolph W. Samborski '26, director of intramural athletics, Jim Rousemaniere of Winthrop played by far the scrappiest game of the match, and, with such other Puritan stars as Bill LaCroix, Bob Winsor, and Bob Fulton on the ice, the Dormitory players had their hands full.

In the next game Dudley trimmed Adams 5 to 2 to win the distinction of two wins against one loss. Walt Whitaker, Don Regan, and Bill White scored the points for the out-of-House men, while Doug Anderson accounted for both the Adams tallies.

When Kirkland and Leverett met in the next series of matches, the outcome was uncertain until late in the second period when Jess Willard and Bill Emmett both made a goal and left their team with a 4 to 1 victory.

Featured by the brilliant stick-handling and accurate shooting of Eliot Farley, the final meet of the evening saw Dunster walk over Eliot 9 to 1 in a very one-sided game. Farley scored five of Dunster's nine goals.