Ski Team Will Compete in Championship Tournaments

Hinton Expected to Exhibit Winning Form in Jumping Event

William H. Hinton '41, captain of the ski team, announced yesterday that William Thurston '42 and Thomas Winship '42 have entered the Vermont championship downhill tournament to be held at Mount Washington this Sunday.

The results of this meet will be interesting in view of the good showing made by the team at Hanover last weekend where they captured third place in the downhill competition behind Dartmouth and McGill, the two colleges where skiing is a major sport.

On Wednesday the team leaves for Saint Marguerite, Quebec, to take part in the four-day Eastern Intercollegiate Championships. Captain Hinton, Harry W. Hollmeyer '40, Karl Porges '41, and Joseph B. Thomas will compete in the slalom and downhill races and Lindley J. Burton '42, Alfred W. Elpper '42, Captain Hinton, and Richard F. Whittemore '40 are entered in the cross country and jumping.

Hollmeyer is also entered in the Bear Mountain downhill race sponsored by the Eastern Slope Ski Club which is to take place February 26 at Bartlett, New Hampshire.