Bellboy Society To Give Opera of Dryden, Purcell

To Have Cast of 100 Students From Harvard and Radcliffe; Ebb Will Manage

"King Arthur" a dramatic opera written by John Dryden and Henry Purcell, with a cast of over 100 actors, dancers, and singers, will be put on the boards Tuesday March 14, and Wednesday March 15 by the Lowell House Musical Society. Like last year's "Dido and Aeneas," the performance will be given in the Bellboys' dining hall.

Drawing its talent from more than seven Harvard and Radcliffe organizations, the opera is expected by its sponsors to surpass the production of last year. General manager of the performance is Lawrence F. Ebb '39, while Courtland Canby 2G will conduct the music and Alan S. Downer 5G will direct the acting. Miss Katherine Schroeder with the assistance of Miss Helon Mayor, Radcliffe '38 will put the dancers through their paces.

Ruth Gillerman in Lead

The leading role of Emmeline will be taken by Miss Ruth Gillerman, Radcliffe '41, with Porter Cole sharing the top billing as Arthur.

First produced in 1691, "King Arthur" lay dormant until 1828 when it was again put on the stage by Cambridge University. The London "Times" said of it in review, "intensely dramatic . . . . always good, sometimes great."