Faith Bacon, Fan and Orchid Dancer, Would Like To Perform "Apres-Midi d'un Faune" at Harvard

Famous Teaser Fears Conservative Professors Might Object to Risque Dances

"I would like to come to Harvard," announced Faith Bacon, well known fandancer and artiste last night, "but some of the less liberal minded professors might object.

"I would not come the way Sally Rand did and simply lecture; I would dance for them; I would dance the 'Apresmidi d'un Faune' if they only could get me a symphony orchestra," she continued.

At present Miss Hacon is at the Crawford House on Scollay Square where she does two dances; one a fan dance and the other an orchid-dance. She said the idea for the orchids came to her when she was in Chicago one night; she dreamt that she was walking down an avenue completely nude and that fountains on either side sprayed up orchids which fell upon her body, clothing it.

The orchids which she uses at the moment are false, but she gets real ones when on the stage.

Miss Bacon invented the fan dance in 1931 when she was playing in Earl Carroll's show in New York and next year she hopes to do some ballet dancing.

"I just flew back from Hollywood; flying is just like dancing; the plane stopped three times and each time it stopped. I would wake up to listen to it go whoooosh when it took off. Then it got very bumpy, and I almost got thrown out of bed," she concluded.