HODDERMEN TANGLE WITH TIGER SEXTET

Wyer Rates as Chief Orange and Black Offensive Threat; Crimson Still Tired From Canadian Tilts

By Roger B. Linscott

Clark Hodder's icemen will take on Princeton for the fifth time this season tonight when they face off on Tiger ice in a tilt that will count both in the Quadranglar League and International League.

Although the Varsity and the Tigers have tangled in four games before, only one of the games was a League encounter, the other three being in the form of an unofficial series at Lake Placid during the Christmas recess. In their one League encounter with Princeton last month, the Hoddermen upset the dope bucket with a 5 to 2 victory.

Tigers Favored

Like the Crimson, Princeton is a spotty team that has turned in a rather inconsistent record this year. But the Tigers have the edge in speed and experience and will be favorites on their home ice. Particularly dangerous for the Varsity will be Ralphie Wyer, Minnesota-born Tiger forward, who stands second only to Bud Foster of Dartmouth in Quadrangular League scoring.

The Crimson sextet, somewhat worn down by this week's Canadian trip, left early yesterday afternoon in order to get a good night's sleep before tonight's tilt. Both games on Canadian ice, the 7 to 5 win over Montreal on Tuesday and the 13 to 6 defeat at the hands of McGill on Wednesday were hectic battles, and tonight's clash at Princeton will finish up the toughest two weeks of competition that the Hoddermen have had this season.

Tonight's line-up will be the same that Hodder has used since the mid-year lay-off. Because Princeton has three strong lines, the Crimson will have to count on the first line of Harding, Patrick, and Winslow, the line that did most of the scoring in Canada. This line will have to bear the major burden of the attack.