Miler, Two Mile Relay Teams, Sprinter, Hurdler Will Run in Millrose Games

Baton-passers Have Good Chance To Place in Annual Indoor Track Classic

Two relay teams, one sprinter, and one hurdler will wear the Crimson in the Millrose Games, annual indoor classic, at Madison Square Garden, New York, tomorrow night.

Conceded the best chance to place is Jaako Mikkola's two mile relay team, composed of Ros Brayton. Al Hanlon, Jack McClure, and Joe Bradley. Pitted against Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia, and N.Y.U. in the second heat of the event, the quartet will not be running against a crack North Carolina baton-passing combination which hopes to pare the 7.44 Millrose record.

Jim Lightbody, Franny King, Joe Donnelly, and Hobart Lerner, running against Yale and Princeton in the Big Three heat of the mile relay, have their work cut out to beat the Tiger aggregation. A green Eli four does not look so formidable.

Bob Gammons, Senior sprinter who was out most of last year with a leg injury, and Don Donahue, Sophomore hurdle flash, are the only individual Harvard entrants. Gammons will compete in the handicap dash and Donahue in the 60 yard high hurdles.

Neither is given more than an outside chance to place in one of the fastest fields of the indoor season, although Donahue's 5.8 clocking in the 45 yard highs at the Prout games Saturday got him into the final heat, in which he placed fourth.