WINTHROP TAKES LEAD OVER HOUSE PUCKMEN BY DEFEATING DUDLEY

LEVERETT AND LOWELL ALSO WIN GAMES YESTERDAY

Winthrop went into first place in the inter-House hockey league by edging Dudley 2 to 1 in a fast encounter yesterday at the Boston Skating Club rink as House sextets went into their second round of play. Last Monday, the Puritans shut out Eliot 1 to 0 for their initial win.

After a hard-fought victory over Lowell last week Adams was handed a 5 to 2 lacing by Dunster, and the icemen from down by the Charles moved into second place by virtue of the rout, a half game behind the leading Winthrop six.

Eliot Whitewashed

Eliot was shut out for the second time in as many starts by Leverett, dropping the game 3 to 0. The biggest victory margin of the day's play was piled up by Lowell, which ran up a 5 to 1 score over Kirkland to take the team scoring lead with six goals.

Last week's complete scores were: Dudley 4, Kirkland 1; Adams 2, Lowell 1; Dunster 0, Leverett 0 (no overtime played in House games); and Winthrop 1, Eliot 0.

The standings of the teams:   W  L  T  Gls. Winthrop  2  0  0  3 Dunster  1  0  1  5 Leverett  1  0  1  3 Lowell  1  1  0  6 Dudley  1  1  0  5 Adams  1  1  0  4 Eliot  0  2  0  0