Strong Crimson Foil Team Entered in Intercollegiate Swordsmen Tournament

Navy, N. Y. U., and Army Head Contenders as Field of 12 Start on March 31

Fencing's outstanding pageant of the year, the Intercollegiate Fencing Association's forty-sixth annual individual and team championship tournament will be staged March 31 and April 1 in Now York City's 17th Regiment Armory, it was announced late yesterday by Ann S. Rushnell, secretary-treasurer of the I. C. F. A.

Twelve colleges will be represented in the duelling fiesta, will Navy in the favorite's role ahead of defending champion N. Y. U., Rene Peroy's well-balanced Crimson nine man squad, and the Army swordsmen. The tournament promises to be packed with thrills with three now champions to be crowned and four topnotch universities battling it out for team honors. The absence through graduation of most of last year's men virtually throws the two-day affair into three wide-open races.

Crimson Follsmen Strong

Yale's place in the sun as foils champion is endangered by N. Y. U. and the Crimson, who walked away with top honors in this division in the pentagonals. Paul Perlowin of last year's Eli foils titlists remains, but A1 Labastie, Cranny Jones, and Art Jaros will hold up the Harvard side of things. Epeemen Hal Park and Bill Croach should be among the leading contenders for their division crown, and Tom Wright and Captain Skip Batchelder rate up with the high ranking saber artists.

Joe Doyle and Amos Murphy round out the Harvard representation of nine men. The three-weapen crown, which has been held by N. Y. U. for the last four years, will be decided on the basis of performances in all divisions. The bouts will start Friday morning, and sessions will be held in the afternoon and evening of each day.