P.B.H. SELECTS GILKEY QUIMBY AS OFFICERS

WILLIAMS RESIGNS AS STUDENT COUNSELOR

Langdon B. Gilkey '40, nosed out Thomas H. E. Quimby '40 by 100 votes to win the post of president of Phillips Brooks House in the annual elections yesterday. Quimby will serve as vice-president.

At the same time it was announced that Schafer Williams '32, 2G, has resigned his position as Student Counselor and will be succeeded by Norris P. Swett '37, 1G, his present assistant.

Gilkey Gets 217 Votes

Gilkey garnered 217 votes to outdistance his seven rivals in the race for the presidency. Active in P. B. H. activities, he has served as a member of the Freshman Committee, chairman of the Speakers Committee, and as a member of the Senior Advisory Committee. Quimby, runner-up with 117 votes, is chairman, of the Mission Committee.

Williams, Brooks House "student counselor," resigned to devote his time to teaching; the resignation becoming effective this June. Occupying a post created in 1937, he acted as advisor to Freshmen and other students on personal problems. After examining William's annual report, the P. B. H. Committee voted yesterday to continue the post, with Swett as sole administrator, for another year.