STICKMEN OVERWHELMED IN VACATION MATCHES

Lose to Penn 8-3, Maryland 11-3, Navy 14-0; Hold Middies for 3 Periods to Slump in Last

No match for their opponents was a much under practiced Crimson lacrosse team, which traveled South last week on its annual Spring Vacation trip. Against the Universities of Pennsylvania and Maryland Captain Phil Hammond's stickmen managed to make a total of six points, but the Midshipmen overwhelmed them by the score of 14-0.

Leaving a week before Easter Sunday, the squad entrained directly for Philadelphia, where, on Tuesday, they lost to Penn 8-3. Jess Willard played a brilliant game, scoring in the second and third periods, while Doug Anderson gained the third point in the last canto.

Hain at Baltimore

Thursday afternoon during a driving spring downpour, a smoothly functioning Maryland ten smashed through the defense of the team from the North to the score of 11-3. In spite of Maryland's large lead, Coach Skip Stahley was delighted to see his men show considerable improvement over their first showing in Philadelphia.

In the Navy game the Stahleymen held fast for the first three periods, but broke in the fourth, permitting ten goals to be won by the Middles and finishing with the score 14-0.

Insofar as the trip was conducted to give the team some much-needed experience and outdoor practice, it has been a fine success. Several members of the squad, especially the Sophomores, have shown remarkable ability.

George Hanford has been shaping up splendidly at goal and it looks as if the Crimson not well guarded this season. Fine performances were made by Childs, Edmunds, and Gilbert, who may prove very valuable this spring.

Hanford played goal in every game, but the other positions were occupied by a number of men. Livingston and Edmunds held down the point, while Wilcox, Tonner, Gilbert, Behr, Benedix played coverpoint.

The two defense positions were held by Blotner, Benedix, Tonner, Gilbert, Doughty, Bird, and Sullivan. At center there were Willard, Doughty, Childs, and Tonner. Leading the attack were Zouck, Bird, Sullivan, Halstead, Gilbert, adn Anderson. Captain Hammond was at out home all through the matches, as Riecken, Ieradt, Halstead, alternated at in home.