The Playgoer

AT THE SHUBERT

Today and tomorrow the University management offers you "We're in the Money," featuring Joan Blondell, Glenda Farrell, and Hugh Herbert, along with Shirley Temple in "Curly Top."

"We're in the Money," is the adventurous tale of two blonde process-servers who are confident that any man can be made--to accept a summons. The difficulties they encounter in slapping subpoenas on such men as Butch Gonzales, Phil Logan, and Man Mountain Dean are as nothing compared to the complexities which arise when C. Richard Courtney of Central Park, West, is attacked. Hugh Herbert adds another figure to his imposing list of characterizations in the person of one Homer Bronson, shyster lawyer with considerable experience in breaches of promise. The courtroom scene is hardly calculated to bring into one's mind a similar scene from the Merchant of Venice, still it has elements which place it among the great courtroom scenes of all time.

As for Shempley Tirple in Corly Tip, I mean Corly Shipple in Topple Cup, that is, Shirley Topple in Corly Temp, (well, you try it) anyway she certainly does have cute dimples and how are you?