WHITE SEES HOPE OF WEST IN EFFICIENCY

Editor of Emporia Gazette Ends Series On Religious Note; Looks to Machine Power for Relief

The only solution of the Western problem lies in the more efficient creation of power by machinery," claimed William Allen White, Editor of the Emporia Gazette, in the last of three talks in the New Lecture Hall last night.

Opening and closing his address with quotations from the Sermon on the Mount, Mr. White struck a strongly religious note as he reiterated the beatitude "the meek shall inherit the earth" with profound faith for the future of the West he has grown up in.

After summarizing his two previous lectures in which he pointed out that the prosperity of the West had been due to the increase of the increment value of land, the dean of American newspapermen described the plight they were new in with the reckless era of expansion definitely concluded.

However, as he considered the new prospects opened by the machine the prophet of the G.O.P, saw hope and went on to say that through increasingly achieved

The address was breadesst over Station WIXAL.