Final Events in House Crew, Baseball Take Place Today

Kirkland, Winthrop, Eliot, Leverett Boats Row in Finale

Two important House sports events will take place this afternoon as the crew finals are run off and the two top teams in the baseball standings, Lowell and Adams, meet in a play off.

Kirkland, Winthrop, Eliot, and Leverett will enter their first crews in the meet, having qualified last week in the preliminary heat. Kirkland and Eliot are expected to row a tight race, with the Deacon eight favored. Kirkland came out ahead of the Puritans by four lengths in their heat last Thursday.

Eliot, Winthrop, and Kirkland also placed their second crews in the final with Lowell. The Elephants are favored to repeat their triumph of Monday when they pulled a length and a half ahead of the Bellboys for the lowest time in the heat.

Adams, Lowell Nines Meet

A post-season game between the Gold Coasters and the Bellboys, who tied for first in the regular baseball season, will decide which team is to meet a Yale nine Saturday afternoon at New Haven. With Charley Lutz, ace hurler, on the mound, Adams is favored to subdue the hard-hitting Lowell outfit.